Friday, July 15, 2011
Here's a new batch of xGerms for a counting game. These are different than the previous batches in that the animation cycles are much simpler and there is no shape tweening in the bodies (and I haven't posted the various hit states). They are simpler graphically and programmatically because these are targeted for a mobile app rather than a browser game but they still have that classic xGerms character.
© 2011 K12.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
More of the same but I tried a new trick when coloring this one. The problem with using a crunchy brush to do quickie textured coloring (and allowing the base undercoat to show through) is that the edges are always a disaster and require elaborate erasing. The trick this go-around was to lay down a flat mask of the basic shapes that I ended up using on most layers to constrain the crazy brushwork. Coloring within the lines--kindergarten taught it for SAFETY reasons.