Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Took a loose doodle and tried a painting experiment with it. The deal here was that I was only allowed to use a single brush without changing any of its settings (I fiddled with opacity on occasion and size as well, but that was it). I also tried to work on a single layer and other than the background gradient and one alternate brush used on the background, I managed to play by my lame rules.
I noticed that if you strip away the lines that the thing is dangerously close to an actual painting-in-progress (needs a lot more rendering and some details) and a bit further from a cartoon than the normal quickie.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
So here are a bunch of content placeholders that I am building for a K12 project.
The backgrounds were a chance for me to remind myself of how terrible I am at wielding a watercolor brush! But there is one small evolution in these that is different than my typical cartoons and that is that by drawing the ink lines in Artrage I was able to keep my lines digital and recolor them later in Photoshop (by locking layer transparency) - good times.
These will be animated in a very simple build sequence when the whole thing is finished. Stay semi-tuned.
© 2011 K12.