Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Here's one that I did as part of the unit-16 character tag team.
I tried modifying my painting technique a little on this go-round. I tried using more of a hard-edged brush with pressure-sensitive opacity and not getting caught up too much in laying down a flat color area as part of step 1. That worked fine for the planets but didn't cut it on the dinosaur so I ended up falling back on my old ways to do that green guy. Maybe next time I'll carry it to the complete painting. On a lighter note, I stayed away from snazzy texture brushes almost entirely for this one - just a quick sweep to create the Milky Way effect.
As this was a tag-team joint, I was working from another image. The original was a Dr. Whom extravaganza. I am linking to it below: